An upcoming event you may be interested in:
The Militarization of Aid
Date: Monday, February 11, 2008
Time: 1 -3 pm
Location: Dirksen 419
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is organizing a briefing to discuss NGOs’ perspectives on The Militarization of Aid with Hill staff on Monday, Feb. 11 @ 1 pm in Dirksen 419.
Topics include foreign aid effectiveness, the Provincial Reconstruction Teams, AFRICOM, Combined Joined Task Force – Horn of Africa and the InterAction-DoD Guidelines on Civil-Military Relations. Speakers include:
- Jim Bishop, InterAction, VP for Humanitarian Policy and Practice
- Emily Burrows, Catholic Relief Services, Strategic Issues Advisor
- Brian Grzelkowski, Mercy Corps, Sr. Policy Advisor
- Paul O’Brien, Oxfam America, Director of Aid Effectiveness Team
- John Patten, International Medical Corps, Sr. Program Development Officer
- Anne C. Richard, International Rescue Committee, VP for Government Relations and Advocacy
Please RSVP to email@example.com
I am neither involved with this event nor will I be there.