Too much on the plate, but some links worth your time to read Wednesday morning (or whenever)
- David Axe’s Exploiting al-Qaeda’s Weaknesses, particularly his bullet #2. As Mike Myers said back when SNL was good, “talk amongst yourselves”.
- Related, Marc Lynch highlighted some slides I was too lazy to pull out for you.
For background to both of the above, you should know about Abu Yahya al-Libi, the AQ wannabe leader who authored the points on slide 10 Marc highlights. So, for more recommended reading:
- Check out this New York Times video with Countering Terrorism Center’s Jarret Brachman.
- The preceding comes from Brachman’s Abu Yahya’s Six Easy Steps for Defeating al-Qaeda published December 2007.
And related to that, we have a lexicon shift finally happening in the U.S.
- The Associated Press: ‘Jihadist’ booted from government lexicon
- See also Jim Giurard’s post to recommend the same.
Changing topics, back to the Hidden Hand story:
- PRWatch.org says Pentagon Pundit Scandal Broke the Law. The Empty Wheel has a bit more on the law that PRWatch missed.
Forthcoming: a review of Chris Paul’s book.
That’s it for now.