A few quick announcements and reminders related to the upcoming Smith-Mundt Symposium.
- A media advisory and a PDF with the bios of the panelists and moderators may be found at the Symposium’s media page.
- A roundtable with “traditional” and new media in advance of the Symposium will take place January 6. For more information, including to be invited, go to the Symposium’s media page.
- Registration is currently closed. Any new registrations will be placed on a wait list. This is unfortunate and unexpected, however nearly 200 have registered for this event. Members of Congress and the media are will be automatically registered and not placed on a waitlist.
- If you registered and will not be attending, please contact me ASAP so the invitation can move to somebody else.
- The electronic library for registered attendees will go online about January 1. Be sure to have a discussion forum username to access these files. To register for the Symposium’s discussion forum, click on “Register” in the top right corner of any page of the 2009 Smith-Mundt Symposium site. You do not need to re-register if you are already registered at the MountainRunner blog.
- Free Wi-Fi will be available for live blogging.
- If you are interested in the Symposium, you will be interested in my op-ed published in the Washington Times Friday, December 19 on Smith-Mundt (comments should go either at the Washington Times website or an this post).
Lastly, a refresh on the event details:
What: 2009 Smith-Mundt Symposium
When: Tuesday, January 13, 2009. Check-in and continental breakfast begins at 7. The event starts promptly at 8a and ends at 5:30p. Lunch will be served. A hosted reception will immediately follow the close of the Symposium at 5:30p.
Where: The Reserve Officers Association at the corner of First Street and Constitution Avenue N.E. on Capitol Hill.
Parking and other information may be found below, courtesy of the State Department (unofficially so don’t hold them responsible for errors or omissions or accidental semblances of favoritism):
Just a possible housekeeping resource for those who don’t use Metro or taxi. See map here.
near 1st St NE & Constitution Ave NE, Washington, DC 20004
(in order of proximity)
Central Parking Systems 202-626-0693
400 New Jersey Ave NW
30 Massachusetts Ave NE
Uspg Llc 202-898-1950
30 Massachusetts Ave NE
Pacific Parking 202-488-7275
501 E Capitol St SE
Colonial Parking Inc 202-298-7141
500 New Jersey Ave NW
Colonial Parking Inc 202-842-2116
1 Massachusetts Ave NW
Colonial Parking Inc 202-789-2859
750 1st St NE
Quikpark Inc 202-216-0392
777 N Capitol St NE
Central Parking Systems 202-347-0680
501 3rd St NW
Parc Marc Inc 202-408-7813
825 N Capitol St NE