Several reports on public diplomacy that are worthwhile, even recommended, reading. All but two are US. One is from Sweden and the other is Chinese. All of the below are links on MountainRunner.us.
- The Public Diplomacy Of Other Countries:Implications For The United States includes a 1979 GAO report of the same name.
- A 2008 CRS report titled Comparing Global Influence: China’s and U.S. Diplomacy, Foreign Aid, Trade, and Investment in the Developing World.
- A 2008 Swedish report title Brand Sweden: The road to an updated image of Sweden abroad.
- A 2003 report by the U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy titled The New Diplomacy: Utilizing Innovative Communication Concepts that Recognize Resource Constraints.
- A 2001 Defense Science Board report titled DSB: Managed Information Dissemination
- and then for something very much on topic, the 1998 Unrestricted Warfare by Qiao Liang, Wang Xiangsui. At the link is both the abridged and unabridged versions. At least read the abridged.