I will be traveling and not posting until next week. Be sure to read the updated House Appropriations Concerned Pentagon’s Role in Strategic Communication and Public Diplomacy (a few additional comments plus the Senate Armed Services Committee’s from their report on the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2010). I will be on email.
Remember the post where I asked for help coding locations? The dataset was the Twitter followers of America.gov as of one day last week, publically available through the Twitter API. I suggest you read the comments on post Question: what does it mean if the demographic of two-thirds of your audience is not your target demographic?.
Recent posts be sure to read:
- Guest Book Review: Drugs and Contemporary Warfare
- Guest Post: Superfriends and the Strategic Communication Continuum
- Most popular entries on MountainRunner according to you
- What is the purpose of Public Diplomacy if not to influence?
- Broadcasting Board of Governors: empty seats at the public diplomacy table (which should have been in the popular entries list above if I updated that list)
- In America? Smith-Mundt means no SMS updates on the President’s Ghana speech for you! (Be sure to read the comments)
- Guest Post: China’s Image Marketing: How Well Can Confucius Do?
- Guest Post: Explaining Why Afghanistan Matters – Whose Job Is It? (Be sure to read the comments)
- Also of interest should be this 3-pager (if you print the PDF) titled Smith-Mundt: Myths, Facts, and Recommendations.