Several resources that comb news sites and blogs for what they believe is relevant information for those in public diplomacy, strategic communication, or related issues. With one exception, I did not include aggregators that broadcast individual articles via Twitter or blog posts.
- RFE/RL’s The Rundown – An essential read broadly on communication and today and tomorrow’s hotspots. I get it emailed but I didn’t see a way to subscribe through email.
- NightWatch – is an “executive intelligence recap” edited and annotated by John McCreary.
- John Brown’s Public Diplomacy Press and Blog Review – a broad (sometimes too broad) coverage of media, academic, and “plain” blog posts on public diplomacy and related matters. Too often the cited headline is the only part of an article that refers to public diplomacy. John is, however, the major aggregator of public diplomacy-related content.
- Public Diplomacy in the News – result set is focused and includes more non-US examples.
- Kim Andrew Elliott – required if you’re monitoring global communication.
- COMOPS Monitor – is an automated aggregator for the “latest links from the blogosphere on Strategic Communication, Terrorism, & Public Diplomacy.”
- Layalina Review – a bi-weekly update of public diplomacy news as it primarily relates to the Middle East.
Feel free to add to this list.