The UK-based Defence IQ has announced the date and venue for the 9th annual Information Operations Europe conference. The event will take place June 29-30, 2010, at the Bloomsbury Hotel in London. The agenda is available.
- Media in Modern Warfare, by Major General Gordon Messenger, Director of Strategic Communications, UK MoD
- UK’s Influence Capability, by Air Commodore Robert Judson, Head of Targeting and Information Operations, UK MoD
- Where Counterinsurgency meets Culture, by Eric Sutphin, Chief Target Audience Analyst, Combined Joint Psychological Operations Task Force, ISAF HQ, NATO
- Audience Engagement in Afghanistan, by Maryann Maguire, Director of Communications (DCSU), Afghan Specialist Joint Implementation Team, UK MoD
- Countering Violent Extremism, by James Barber, Information Operations Division, HQ US Africa Command
- Influence and Intelligence Opportunities of Virtual Worlds, by Professor George Stein, Cyberspace & Info Ops Study Centre, Air War College, US Air Force
- Future of Cultural Information Engagement, by Matt Bigge, CEO, Strategic Social
I will be there and will present on Now Media (tentatively 4p of Day 1) and participating on a panel (11.40a Day 1) with:
- Air Commodore Robert Judson, Head of Targeting and Information Operations, UK MoD
- Brigadier Mark Van der Lande, Head of Defence Public Relations, Directorate General and Media Communications, UK MoD
- Sarah Nagelmann, Strategic Communications Advisor to US European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, NATO
2 thoughts on “Event: 9th Annual Information Operations – Europe”
Hi Matt. We met in Brussels. Thi slooks like a progressive conference. Can you give me a contact for the organiser so that teh British Council (me hopefully) can attend? Thanks. Liked your Blog on the NATO/BC conference. Robin
Hi Robin,I’m so sorry for the delay. I’ve left my contact details for you to get in touch and find out how you can register. I’d suggest calling 0207 368 9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s more information on the event at http://www.info-opseurope.com. There are also a whole host of free downloads which you’re more than welcome to download and share with your colleagues. I’ve also set up a Linkedin group for the community – you can access that via the event website if you’d like to connect some more of your peers.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
I hope that helps (and apologies again),
Comments are closed.