On July 6, 2010, the MountainRunner Institute will, with support from InterMedia, present a one-day training event titled Now Media: engagement based on information not platforms. Whether you call it strategic communication, public diplomacy, public affairs, signals integration, or global engagement, this event is designed to help you gain a better understanding of the capabilities, capacities, and authorities you need to be effective in today’s global environment. While the emphasis is on actors and audiences relevant to national security, knowledge from the course will be readily applied in other areas. More information can be found here.
- Convergence of “old media” and “new media” into Now Media;
- Mobilization and even creation of “diasporas” through increasing access to information, ease of travel, fragmentation of social groups and decreasing demands on assimilation;
- Adversarial use of online media to engage and influence audiences and media;
- Identifying and understanding relevant audiences and measuring communication impacts;
- Frank discussions on the organizational, doctrinal, and legal challenges (real and imagined) facing the US today.
Date: July 6, 2010
Time: 8:30a – 5p (light breakfast at 8a, lunch and refreshments will be provided)
Location: National Press Club in the McClendon Room
529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC 20045 (map)
Cost: $300 before June 27, $400 June 28 and after
Group discounts are available for 3 or more; credit cards accepted.
Speakers: Matt Armstrong, President, MountainRunner Institute
Adam Pearson, White Canvas Group
+ representative from InterMedia
+ former leader of State Department’s public diplomacy operations
To register, send an email to Matt Armstrong at email@example.com.
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available.