Off to D.C. tomorrow for a few days so talk amongst yourselves.
In the meantime, be sure to read these posts:
- Arming for the Second War of Ideas: the Department of Global Affairs
- STATE DEPARTMENT, Public Law 402 80th Congress (VOICE OF AMERICA)
- Report: The "militarization" of diplomacy exists and is accelerating
- American Public Diplomacy Wears Combat Boots: the Pentagon’s $300 million to "engage and inspire"
- Principles of Strategic Communication (Updated)
- Blogging on Public Diplomacy: the UK in the USA
- and this intelligent comment on my criticism of 4GW (which does require some cleanup).
Or buy these books:
- Routledge Handbook of Public Diplomacy paperback @ $49.95 from Routledge (h/t KAE) or the slightly more expensive version from Amazon.
- The Al Jazeera Effect: How the New Global Media Are Reshaping World Politics by Phil Seib (review forthcoming)
- The Second World: Empires and Influence in the New Global Order by Parag Khana
- War and Diplomacy: From World War I to the War on Terrorism edited by Andrew Dorman and Greg Kennedy (review forthcoming)
- Losing Arab Hearts and Minds: The Coalition, Al Jazeera and Muslim Public Opinion by Steve Tatham (see review here)
Plus lots of other interesting posts can be found in the archives.
Lastly, checkout the new blog on the block: SOUTHCOM Commander’s Blog by Admiral Jim Stavridis.