With some (ok a lot) hesitation, here is my response to the Meme of 7, which I answer only because I caused an earlier meme…
I have been tagged (twice) and will open the kimono a little here.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger (see above) and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you’d like.
The image of martial discord is from the Cold War, "a war of ideology and a fight unto the death."
Here are the facts (the selection of which may be influenced by a recent post):
1. I learned to type when I was 8 (maybe 6) on a game called Adventure, a text-based game in the age of green screens and modems with acoustic couplers. I could type “get axe” and “throw axe” really, really fast, even though the game was anything but real-time. “Plugh”.
2. I watched a Charles Bronson movie “in” an outdoor theater on Mali Losinj, an island off of what was then Yugoslavia.
3. I met my wife because of 9/11 and triathlon. I filled in for her Team in Training triathlon coaches when they were forced to drive instead of fly to a race because all the planes were grounded.
4. I have a modeling injury: a permanent scar resulting from an all day Maxim photo shoot.
5. I sat on the curb twice before struggling to finish my first 5k.
6. My typical training weekend for the years I raced Ironman triathlons included 90 – 105 mile bike on Saturday, usually with lots of hills, followed the next day by a 3 mile ocean swim and a 10-18 mile run. No family (or blog) back then. I was also 40 lbs lighter than when I ran my first 5k.
7. I sang for beer in a Karoke bar in Fujishiro when I was high school freshman on student exchange. My co-singer, a red-headed exchange student, and I were the only geigen in the place, and needless to say, we were a hit (doubtful it was because of our dulcet tones) and were rewarded with more beer.
No tagging… my last meme got out of control.